Sunday, December 28, 2008

Angel Mother-Amazing Granny




I owe so much thanks to my Wonderful Mom. When I went to have Tagg she took the kids and took excellent care of them, make waffles and hot chocolate for breakfast, bathed and made sure they were nicely dressed.. maybe she had them brush their teeth.. maybe not but they had so much fun with Granny. I'm not sure if they even missed me the 2 days I was in the hospital.
Monday Dec. 15th was a crazy day... My mom is now half way done with her Chemo but the 15th was her 3rd treatment. The plan was for me to get induced early enough and she would be able to be there when Tagg was born and spend some time with him. Well I at the hospital at 3am but Tagg was not born until 2:12pm. He was sunny side up and Dr Beck thought originally that he would be born in just a few (short) hours. After Dr Beck turned the baby I dialeted from a 6 to a 10 in about 15 minutes and Tagg was born in just 2 or 3 minutes. Scott called my mom and told her to hurry and get to the hospital... I tried to stall as long as possible... the hospital bed wasn't working.. so that took a good 10 minutes to figure out... Unfortunately my mom ran into the room right as Dr Beck walked out the door. With tears in her eyes she told me she tried to hurry. The great thing was she got to spend a little time with him before she had to run to her hospital and get her lovely 24 hour hospital stay Chemo. With all that she has gone through these last few months I can't help but admire her even more now. She offered to have us stay at her house after Tagg was born so that she could help out with the kids and spend time with the baby. We stayed for 10 great days. I believe this has been my best recovery because of her. What would I do with out such a wonderful mom? This Christmas I have thought about all that i am grateful for and her example is on the TOP of my list. Thanks Mom.

8 comments:

Errin said...

Bernice is so tough! She is wonderwoman for sure!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Fisher said...

Tagg is so cute! Congratulations! I'm glad you and baby are doing great. Keith wanted to pop by after church yesterday, but I wanted to call first. When we got home things got crazy and it didn't happen. We can't wait to meet him. What a cute baby he is.
I'll come over sometime this week if that's okay.
He's a kissa!

joelle said...

amen to that. I love little Bernice.

brooke romney said...

What an amazing mom. I see where you get your giving spirit. Can't wait to see that little munchkin.

Jamie said...

You do have an amazing Mom and it has been so fun to see you again. Your little Tagg is ADORABLE:)

Eardley Fam said...

Wow, what an incredible mom you have and you are incredible too! Tagg is so adorable! Congrats! I hope all is going well with FOUR KIDS!

Yvonne said...

I'm sometimes slow at keeping up with everyone. I love the picts. And yes you have an amazing mom!!! We all love her! Congrats on having such a beautiful baby!