Thursday, February 21, 2008

A DOW...... A DOW !!!

Brig is only 15 months & doesn't really talk at ALL, maybe we get an occasional mama, dada, nonono but the other day he was out back, which he loves to play out back in our 70 weather... anyway I picked him up to bring him in the house and he yelled " A DOW A DOW" which I translated to a down a down.. maybe that is what he said or it was just him yelling at me... either way I claim that he talked & am still so happy that he maybe said something.
Maybe he might start talking if we could get the stinking binky out of his mouth.. Scott tried to do an official binky strike... which lasted all of 1 day, in hopes that he'll start talking a little bit but I love it and think he is perfect just the way he is! For now he can point and grunt all he wants... it gets him what he needs doesn't it???
1 grunt means bottle
2 grunts means binky
1 loud yell means either food, no, your bugging me, I want to stay outside...
the possibilities are endless. but we figure it out somehow.
for now we'll just keep laughing while it is still cute!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is stinkin' cute!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I say enjoy the lack of talking while it lasts. From what I hear it's not long until you can't get them to be quiet!!!

brooke romney said...

Brig is so cute. We missed you today. Hope you were doing something fun.

Jeff Hamm said...

Only parents understand their younger kids for a while. BTW, you are totally not living up to "binge-blogger's my middle name", still looking forward to some binges. Also, Tim and Mindy Farmer started a blog. There's a link on my site for it.

Kirk and Aly said...

There's nothing wrong with letting your kid have a binkie until they're 12, in my opinion. I know all too well, the sadness that comes with a binkie strike - and not just for the kid involved, I think it's almost as hard for the parent! We've tried lots of different binkie banning tactics in the past, but the only way it every worked for us was just to suffer through the heartache of taking it away cold turkey. Sucks though, so I would probably just suffer through it until they're 12 and decide on their own they don't want it. Good luck!

Eardley Fam said...

Oh Brig is too darn cute not to give into him and give him his binky! I remember when we went on many binky strikes-only to give in a few hours later! As for Germany-you better come and visit! Esp. with your US Airways hookup :) Miss you guys!!

the walker's said...

Ash, your family is so ADORABLE!! It's been way too long since we've talked! This is such a great way to keep in touch! Maybe you, me, and Jami can do lunch or something when I'm back in Az in a few weeks!