Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beloved President Hinckley





















Sunday night as we were at my parent house for my step-dads birthday the phone rang and we were told the news that President Hinckley had just passed away only a few minutes prior. I have thought about this day for a few years. What would I do? How would I feel? And honestly as much as I will miss him I can only feel the same joy that most of us feel, happiness for him & his sweet wife. Sister Hinckley died almost 4 years ago while I was still in the hospital after Drew was born. I cried much more that day than I did Sunday because my heart went out to dear President Hinckley. Now they are together again and that makes me happy. I am so grateful for his love, example, kind words and kindness. I never thought I could love a man so much and never have met him but some how consider him a great friend. He was the Prophet that we grew up listening to and learning from. I am so grateful to have learned so much from him. When he spoke he had a way of making you feel it was meant for you. I remember once when we were at Conference he waved his cane and it was like he was saying hi to ME. I was thrilled and it made my day, as funny as that may seem. I truly loved him. I feel like he has prepared us for President Monson.
We thank thee O God for a Prophet!
Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, Be Prayerful.

6 comments:

brooke romney said...

Totally agree! It he the sweetest ever?

kaitlin said...

oh yes he is so darling. what an amazing man! i love love that picture of him with the hat on. its so great!

i am soo glad you are back in the blogging world. we missed you.

:)
hope you're doing wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love the 6 B's - And I love President Hinckley! Arent we blessed to have had such a sweet man as our Prophet!

Jeff Hamm said...

Amazing man, I had many of the same mixed/peaceful feelings that you mentioned!

Rebecca Pierce said...

What a great sevice for him yesterday. Loved every minute, and I surprised myself with emotion. Maybe I'll cry more than once this year! Glad to see a post from you, girl!

Kirk and Aly said...

Amen sister!! What an amazing man who did amazing things! Where would we be today without a modern day prophet?