Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our world travelers!!!!





I am so jealous of "the boys", they have done it all and have been traveling since June... we'll they kinds still have the freedom that makes it possible...
Brad got home about a year ago from his mission in Brasil... not married.....not dating...(
hint hint)
Jeff just graduated from Highland high school and doesn't have a worry in the world.... and then there's Boe my 16 yr old brother that loooks like he's 30! No joke!!! They are the funnest boys! Here is just a small glimpse of what they have been up to. While Blake and Scott are on their missions & we are all home in Az they are out doing this.......
* the beginning of the trip..... Chuuk






On Feb 17th and 18th 1944 the US bombed approximately 30 Japan fighter ships. They were based in Chuuk and we dove 2 of the ships, Fugikawea and Shincoco maru and one air plane called Emily, the flying boat. In one picture we are sitting on the propeller of the aircraft
and the other picture is one from shark island, another dive we did. In all we did 6 dives in 2 days

They went to church there and spent some time with the local kids its a small island and the kids love getting there pictures taking they would always do there gang poses

we were the only white people on the island except the missionary









I believe this is from the Phillipeans



Here are some pictures from Africa where they did their Humanitarian Aid these are so sweet this 1st one is my favorite!




Some of the group that they went with


They went bungee jumping off the worlds highest bungee... over 700 feet !!!!
Crazy if you ask me... actually you couldn't pay me to do it. They took video.. I can't wait to see it.



They went to Jerusalem but I haven't seen any of the pictures from there.
Right now they are in Kiro, Egypt.



Brad has had his 1st experience of being slightly ROBBED. He was at the train station in Egypt and a little boy was standing next to him, (the kid was about 10) Brad was at the ATM and just had entered his PIN and the kids grabbed his debit card and ran off. I believe that Brad is in complete shock. He called my mom in the middle of the night and said, " MOM, my debit card has been stolen.. I am pretty sure they know my pin, cancel the card!" and then he hung up! By the time my mom had called the bank the kid had already spent about $800.00. So my mom called me this morning about 630 and tells me the story, she is slightly worried that something may have happened but no worries Boe & Jeff were at an internet cafe this morning & I chatted with them for a while. Brad was out making reservations for their next venture and getting them food. Boe says he's quite the little servant. After eating dinner Brad & Jeff were on the MAN HUNT to find the little boy. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story...

6 comments:

by michelle shirley said...

Ashley your brothers are hot! I know I sound like an old perverted woman! Amazing pictures! Amazing stories they must have. My sister and I would like to do world travel/humanatarian work in 10 years from now. I'm sorta jealous. I would love to see more pic's and hear about their adventures once they get home. I promise I won't pich their butts! : )

Errin said...

I love the beards they are sporting! And wow! I knew they were traveling but I didnt know how much they were doing! that is amazing! how cool and lucky! And congrats on the baby boy! thats exciting!

Lyric Payne said...

I'm jealous of your brothers...until I think about my nice comfy bed!! What a great trip. Are two of them seriously 16 and 18? 30 is more like it. I have a beautiful adventurous little sis who is 17, but they would have to come to Idaho to find her!! Congrats on the boy. We are having a girl, so maybe we should put arranged marriages back into effect! We went to McCall last weekend...loved it!

joelle said...

I LOVE all of these pictures!!! I have been dying to see some for so long now, and I love them!! They are so lucky :)

Tara Fisher said...

Oh my word! I had no idea you had such cute brothers.
These pictures are amazing. They look like they should be in a national geographic magazine or something. I am so jealous too. I wish I would have traveled the world before I got married.
I'm sure they will have more crazy stories to tell.

Kristal said...

AMAZING pictures! What fun. I'm soo jealous too. Let's go on some amazing adventure after you get this next stinking baby out and one up them!