My sweet husband is in Havasupi right now. My love for him has grown these last few days. I am not a wife that would do well, or last, with my husband traveling for work. I HATE him being gone! I can't sleep at night, I miss him and well pretty much I am a baby. As luck ALWAYS has it, my kids get sick every time he leaves... why is this? Good question... To make me stronger? Or to just dread it more the next time he has a trip planned and I can't go? I am still not sure... :-) Since May Scott has been planning this trip with more excitement that I usually see from him.. He made up songs, Native American words, called family everyday!!!! (no joke), had everyone looking at you-tube videos, his attempt to get everyone as excited as him. He really is soooo funny! He gets a little O.C.D. about things sometimes.. most people don't know that about him... unless your family..ha!
When you plan this trip and talk to everyone about it you get really mixed opinions. Some people told us it was such an easy hike, others said it was the hardest thing they have ever done! My plan was to ride a mule in & fly out ( helicopter). You may think I am joking but no I am not.. also considering I thought I would be taking all the kiddo's.. So needless to say I am here home with my little Brig sick & sad and I sure hope Scott is having the time of his life. I genuinely mean that.. I sure wish I could have gone but I hope that he will tell me all the stories... he has a little tendency to forget the details.... I am a detail person.. Hopefully there are some pictures to post when he gets back..I can't wait for late, late late Saturday night when he will get home with his brothers & sisters! Brooks just got home from his mission and I am a little overly excited to see him! I love my family! and Scott's family!
I realized this week that it was just about 2 years ago from now that Scott & I got engaged!! Funny how fast time flies.. I know it's only 2 years but GOOD GRIEF I have know him for 13 and it took him way too long to say something.. It was a long journey but I am happy as a clam though and look forward to many, many more years of marital bliss.
2 comments:
I am sorry you have sick kiddos and I am sorry you are home alone, Hang in there!!
Not having a husband home is crummy! But, with my dislike for hiking and long outdoor adventures, I think that you made a good choice to stay home. I hope you make it!
Post a Comment